Thursday, July 28, 2011

Standing By Our Core

I have been reading this great inspirational book and found this great passage.  It speaks to keeping with the integrity of our core.  The word "courage" comes from a combination of cor, which in Latin means "heart" and courage. In French this means "the capacity to stand by our core". To value our needs and honor ourselves. To have the capability to put ourselves first, to steer away from the "wants and shoulds".  And change them to I am, I need, and I can.  When we put ourselves first it allows us to love others that much more.

Meditation:
I have to right to honor who I am, what I need, and what I can do.
I have the heart to love and support myself.
                                     - written by Sue Patton Thoele

No comments:

Post a Comment